[M&A] 롯데케미칼, 롯데첨단소재 지분 전량인수 / [M&A] Lotte Chemical Co.,Lotte Advanced Materials Co.,Ltd.
[M&A] 롯데케미칼, 롯데첨단소재 지분 전량인수 / [M&A] Lotte Chemical Co.,Lotte Advanced Materials Co.,Ltd.
  • 윤영주 기자
  • 승인 2019.08.02 04:20
  • 댓글 0
이 기사를 공유합니다

[사진 = 픽사베이 제공] 특정기사와 직접관련 없음.
[사진 = 픽사베이 제공] 특정기사와 직접관련 없음.

 

롯데케미칼이 삼성SDI가 보유한 롯데첨단소재 지분 전량을 인수했다.


2일 인수합병(M&A)업계에 따르면 롯데케미칼은 지난달 30일 삼성SDI가 보유하고 있는 롯데첨단소재 주식회사 주식 100만 주를 취득했다고 공시했다.

취득금액은 총 2천795억 원으로 자기자본대비 2.06% 수준이다. 롯데케미칼은 이번 인수를 통해 롯데첨단소재 지분 100%를 보유하게 됐다.
취득 목적은 롯데첨단소재 주식회사에 대한 지배력 강화 차원이다.
김교현 롯데 화학BU장(롯데케미칼 사장)은 지난 18일 "롯데첨단소재에 대한 합병을 진행할 것"이라며 "잔여지분 인수를 위해 삼성SDI와 협의를 한 상황"이라고 밝힌 바 있다. 업계는 롯데케미칼이 롯데첨단소재 합병 추진을 공식화한 만큼 합병을 위한 사전 작업의 일환으로 보고 있다.


롯데그룹은 삼성그룹으로부터 삼성정밀화학과 삼성SDI의 화학사업부문을 인수해 롯데정밀화학과 롯데첨단소재를 설립했다. 당시 삼성SDI는 화학사업부 지분 90%를 롯데케미칼에 2조3265억원에 매각했고, 나머지 10%는 전략적 관계 유치 차원에서 보유하기로 결정했다.

당시 롯데케미칼은 삼성SDI가 보유한 첨단소재의 나머지 지분 10%에 대해 인수할 수 있는 콜옵션을, 삼성SDI는 롯데케미칼에 첨단소재 지분을 매입해 달라고 요구할 수 있는 풋옵션를 갖기로 한 바 있다.
일단 롯데케미컬 측은 롯데첨단소재 지분확보가 합병을 위한 사전정지작업이 아니냐는 업계의 평가에 대해 "사실과 다르다"는 입장이다.


이번 지분 취득은 빠른 의사결정 체계를 갖추기 위한 지배력 강화 차원일 뿐 합병설에 대해선 아무것도 결정된 것이 없다는 것이다.


그러나 증권가 안팎에선 롯데케미칼과 롯데첨단소재의 합병 가능성에 주목하고 있다.
롯데케미칼은 에틸렌 등 기초화학제품을 생산하는 '업스트림'에 사업구조를 가졌고, 롯데첨단소재는 기초화학제품을 바탕으로 합성수지(PE) 등 석유화학제품을 만드는 '다운스트림' 구조인 만큼 양사간 시너지 효과가 상당할 것이란 게 이유다.

특히 매출 규모도 20조(롯데케미칼 16.5조, 롯데첨단소재 3조)원으로 확대, 규모를 바탕으로 한 시장경쟁력 확대도 이끌어 낼 가능성도 충분한 상태다.


M&A업계 한 관계자는 "합병을 바탕으로 그룹내 핵심 계열사로 자리매김할 가능성은 충분해 보인다"며 "최근 글로벌 톱 20 화학 회사에 이름을 올린 상황에서 합병은 그 자체 만으로도 글로벌 시장 공략에 필요한 경쟁력으로 활용, 상당한 시너지 효과를 거둘 수 있을 것"이라고 말했다.

 

 

[M&A] Lotte Chemical Co.,Lotte Advanced Materials Co.,Ltd.

 

 

 

Lotte Chemical acquired the entire stake in Lotte Advanced Materials held by Samsung SDI.



According to the M&A industry on Thursday, Lotte Chemical announced that it acquired 1 million shares of Lotte Advanced Materials Co., which is owned by Samsung SDI.


The acquisition amount totaled 279.5 billion won, or 2.06 percent of its equity capital. Through the acquisition, Lotte Chemical will hold a 100 percent stake in Lotte Advanced Materials.
The purpose of the acquisition is to strengthen its control over Lotte Advanced Materials Inc.
"We will proceed with the merger of Lotte Advanced Materials," said Kim Kyo-hyun, president of Lotte Chemical. "We have discussed with Samsung SDI to acquire the remaining shares." The industry views Lotte Chemical as part of its preliminary work for the merger as it has made its push for a merger of Lotte Advanced Materials official.



Lotte Group acquired the chemical business units of Samsung Precision Chemical Co. and Samsung SDI Co. from Samsung Group to establish Lotte Precision Chemical Co. and Lotte Advanced Materials Co. At that time, Samsung SDI sold its 90 percent stake in its chemical business unit to Lotte Chemical for 2.326 trillion won, while the remaining 10 percent was decided to be held to attract strategic relations.


At that time, Lotte Chemical decided to have a call option to acquire the remaining 10 percent stake in high-tech materials held by Samsung SDI, while Samsung SDI decided to have a put option to ask Lotte Chemical to buy a stake in high-tech materials.
For now, Lotte Medical said the industry's assessment that securing a stake in Lotte Advanced Materials is a pre-stop operation for the merger is different from the reality.



The acquisition of the stake is only a measure to strengthen its control to establish a quick decision-making system, and nothing has been decided on the merger rumor.



However, both in and outside the stock market are paying attention to a possible merger between Lotte Chemical and Lotte Advanced Materials.
Lotte Chemical has a business structure in "upstream," which produces basic chemical products such as ethylene, while Lotte Advanced Materials is a "downstream" structure that makes petrochemical products such as synthetic resins based on basic chemical products, which will have significant synergy effects between the two companies.


In particular, there is a good chance that the company will increase its sales to 20 trillion won (1.5 trillion won) and increase its market competitiveness based on its size.



"There seems to be a good chance that it will become a major affiliate of the group based on merger." said a representative for M&A industry.


댓글삭제
삭제한 댓글은 다시 복구할 수 없습니다.
그래도 삭제하시겠습니까?
댓글 0
댓글쓰기
계정을 선택하시면 로그인·계정인증을 통해
댓글을 남기실 수 있습니다.